Nothing brings out the joy of the holidays better than the sound of laughter coming from friends and family gathered around the table. Everything from wine glasses and dinner plates to invitations and decor provide the perfect setting and theme for all your holiday entertaining. For a joyful and stress-free holiday check out these helpful tips for entertaining at home.
1) If you are planning on hosting a last-minute soirée, and there is no time to mail out invitations, why not try sending electronic invites? Pick a simple, festive template and e-mail it out to friends and family.
2) Create a signature non-alcoholic drink for your guests to enjoy, like a Cranberry Spritzer — it’s holiday red and adds a refreshing, festive touch to your soirée.
3) Create an elegant table setting with Luella flatware from Bombay Co. and Tennyson Dinner, Salad and Bread plates from Royal Doulton to transform your table from ordinary to incredible; a Mia Chandelier from Bombay Co. can also add a touch of vintage charm to your holiday ambiance.
4) Tabletop decor, like artificial silver pears from Twisted Goods, is an easy way to add a bit of glitz and glam to your table setting. If you want to go with a more elegant setting, decorate your table with Waterlily Candleholders from Swarovski.
5) If you are inviting children to your soirée, set up an activity corner with craft supplies from DeSerres to keep them entertained. For a different kid-friendly activity, set up a cookie decorating table and let the kids decorate their own cookies to leave for Santa!
6) Signature glassware is a must-have for elegant dinners. Scroll Balloon glasses from Stokes feature a pretty, intricate design that is soft and elegant — perfect for any holiday setting. Also, don’t be afraid to mix and match with other fun glasses; this will add a fun colourful element to your table.
7) Try and be ready at least 15 minutes before your party is set to begin, so you are available to welcome your guests as they arrive. Make sure you also have a designated area set aside for guests’ jackets and shoes.
8) Make sure to serve a variety of food choices from vegetarian dishes to lighter fare to meat dishes to appeal to all your guests’ personal culinary likes and dislikes; this way no one will leave hungry!
9) Soft, background music is a great way to set the mood of your party. To create a warm cozy holiday feeling, HMV will have all your favourite holiday classics.
10) Personalize your party for each guest by using Wine Charms from Aligra Wine and Spirits — this will also help guests from mixing up their drinks!